new top for spider

Hi,
I'm also a new member of the digest - I drive a '77 spider veloce that I've
had for 7 years now. Right now I'm looking at getting a new top (getting
tired of sponging water out of the footwells), and I was wondering, can
anybody recommend a good place in the SF Bay Area (I live in Los Altos), or
for that matter, tell me where *not* to go? So far I've found Bascom Trim &
Upholstery in Santa Clara, which sells a Stayfast top installed with 3-yr.
guarantee for $950, plus $150 more if I want the frame powder-coated.
Thanks
Chris Keen
'77 Spider
'97 VW Golf