RE: leaky top

	From: Chris Sasso <csasso@domain.elided>
	Subject: leaky top

	I read somewhere that putting Thompson's water seal on a top helps
	waterproof it, especially leaky seams.  Has anyone done this or have
	thoughts on it?  I ask because although my spider is rarely in the
rain,
	it has a small drip in the left rear corner from the seam.  I
thought I
	saw it on one of the clubs web pages, but can't find it again.

I've done this to my '79 top.  I had also read somewhere in club-lore that
water-seal helped retain waterproofing and may also help to hold the black
color in the cloth.  I figured that it couldn't hurt.  My top seems to be
watertight.  I don't know what negative effects that the waterseal could
have.  Maybe interaction with sunlight?  My top is rarely up in the sun, and
the car is garaged, so the top is sorta pampered.

Mike
'79 Spider