One Lap update -longish

Hi kids!

Well, the miles are piling up and so is the numbness in my
posterior...(j/k).

I am in Seattle, WA. Wow, 663 miles yesterday, Butte, Montana to Seattle
via I-90...what a beautiful drive... 95-105 mph through Montana, perfect
weather, The run through Idaho was incredible, who needs Sebring... this
is much better.

Friday, I went south to Red Lodge, MT and stayed there for the night.
Next day I went up the pass road as far as possible, (closed for the
winter) and with the ice and snow up there, it was smart to be closed. I
returned to Red Lodge, and went down the east side through Wyoming and
in through the east entrance into Jellystone Nat'l Park. The drive into
the park was much better than the park itself. Truly impressive views,
off the beaten track, with little traffic. Close to Grand Canyon quality
vistas.  Lots of wildlife in "Jellystone", elk and deer all over the
place, their turf, right?

Trip exited through Rt. 89 and up to Livingston. Then onto 90 to make
tracks west. Butte was the stopping point.

Yesterday, was Butte to Seattle. Long day but great drive. I'm getting
the knack of this mountain driving. I remember AJ at Sebring... "gas gas
gas!!!!" The drive into Seattle was incredible. There is a bridge on 90
in the middle of the state, (plains and foothills) that almost makes you
go off the road. (how would I know this...)

I got into Seattle around 6pm and looked around a bit before heading
north to cheaper accomodations. I stayed in Monroe, ( not the best
choice, but it was late).

I will look up some of the local gang today and take a cool down day.
I'm getting a little travel weary, but having a great time.

The Alfa is behaving great... the noise is gone? Figure that out, huh?
She gets 25-26 mpg no matter what you do to her...

2 quarts of oil in Butte, all the maintenence cost so far, (crossed
fingers)

5200 miles on the clock to date. Seat cushion wants a vacation.

More as it occurs...

I am looking for contacts in Portland OR, Northern Cal. Southern Cal,
Cal coast (PCH 1) if you are out there.

The trip has to pick up pace now, money is an issue, and the month is
getting short on days. Off I go!!

Bill Harkell
Alfa Romeo Search and Rescue Society
Tampa, Florida and Seattle WA
Currently on the roads of America!!! 5200 miles and climbing.
"No parts, no company support, no service? Are you nuts?"
http://pw2.netcom.com/~alfabill/enter.htm
billharkell@domain.elided