re: Verde Wheels on a 164

joe, you said:

>Anybody out there know whether the alloy wheels from a Milano Verde
>will fit on a 164 ('91 base model), and whether any modifications (e.g.,
>spacers, longer bolts, etc.) are needed to make this work? I think the
>Verde wheels are the same width and would result in the same offset
>as the steel wheels now on the 164, but am not certain. Thanks for any
>and all help.
================================
my 164L has wheels w/40mm offset, my werde has 30mm offset - this should fit no
problem, and give you almost an inch wider track.  however, i hear that some of
the verde wheels have a 45mm offset - i know other milanos (& gtv6's) have 45mm
offsets.  these mite rub the calipers and need shorter bolts - alfabill had a
set of the gtv6/milano cast spokes on his 164 prior to getting 164's' wheels,
and he had to grind one caliper & get different bolts.

from my experience w/the 'fone-dial' wheels on my werde, tho, i woodn't
recommend them - way too soft.  i've had various wheels on my werde straightened
5 times in the 6.5 years/80k miles i've owned the car, and two need it rite now.
i'm not spending any more $$$ on them - i'm gonna save up for some custom wheels
by complete custom wheel, or get some compomotive wheels.  and before you come
to any conclusions about roads in my area or my driving habits, i've never had
to have a wheel straightened on any of my other cars.  (tho i did break a rare
magnesium front wheel hitting a log on my '78 ducati :<(  ).

ciao for now,

doug s.