Re: Milano v6 valve clatter revisited

Andrea wrote:

I recently went to fill up with gas, and they were out of regular (87
octane).  I filled up with super (93 octane) and voila--no more valve
clatter noise.  Coincidence or is there some explanation?  I only switched
to regular because I was advised I was wasting my $ on super.  Any thoughts.

The engine was knocking from insufficient octane, it will destroy the
engine.  However, 93 octane is probably not required.  If mid-grade fuel is
not available, pump half regular and half premium to simulate a mid-grade
fuel and save money.  Also, you can get by on a lower octane during cold
weather.

kts