Re: Spider Heater Bezels

Martin Wallace wrote:

>I recently bought my second '84 Spider.  I was able to restore all of
>the interior trim parts with the notable exception of the heater bezel
>(the little plastic rectangle that goes around the heater sliders.  Does
>anyone know of a source for this piece.  I have been told that this item
>was discontinued by Alfa.  IAP was also no help.  Any ideas?

Martin - I ran into the same problem so I grabbed a scrap piece of titanium
at work, cut it to size and cut slots in it with a cutting wheel. Then I
polished it to a chromium like finish and it looks really tuff. The only
problem is I need to drill the mounting holes and I'll be damned if none of
my drill bits will do much more than put a dot sized polish mark in the
stuff. Maybe I should have used stainless steel or aluminum.

Paul Irvine  - Antioch CA
72 Spider - 79 Sprint Veloce - 82 GTV6
Project Alfa - http://www.crl.com/~pi/project
E-Mail - mailto:pi@domain.elided