164 timing

I am going to be taking the timing belt off of my '91 164L to change the
water pump and I noticed in the shop manual that the reference timing
mark is incorrect.  I am to set the timing according to the SCRIBED LINE
(which =TDC) on the flywheel and the cams?  Is this correct?

What else do I need to look or do while changing the timing belt on my
car.  I have done it millions of times (check timing and etc.) on my
Spider, but the 164 is a little bit more imtimidating?

Any good suggestions for a first timer (hehe) on the 164 would be very
appreciated!

Thanks
Chip Schug