Zero Compression 164

I am asking this question on behalf of a non-Web enabled aquaintance.  His
question is as follows:

"A 164 was recently driven through high water at which point it stalled and
won't refire.  A compression check reveals 20 psi on one cylinder and zero on
the rest.  An inspection reveals no bent or broken valves, everything turns as
it should, and the pistons appear to be in the correct relationship to each
other.  There is NO evidence of water in the engine!!!!!!! (Of course water in
the engine would explain everything if valves were bent, etc)."

This person wants to know if anyone has any ideas of what could cause this
(other than don't drive through high water) before he starts pulling the heads
off.

You can respond to me privately and I will pass the information on.

TIA

Arno Leskinen
92 Spider Veloce
76 Alfetta Gt