F-14, F-15 Landing Gear

Regan Copple said:

>All F-15's nose-landing gear assemblies collapse forward, and all F-14's
>nose-landing gear assemblies collapse backward.  Can anyone tell me why?
>First one to answer correctly gets a ride in my next newest Alfa once I
>purchase it, a silver 72 Montreal.

I'm guessing it's due to the fact that F-14s have the chance of snagging an
arresting cable with their nosegear, and the F-15 does not. If the gear is
snagged, it won't fold like a house of cards, sending the nose into the
flight deck... Am I right? Do I win the ride in the Montreal? :-)

Cheers all,

Darren
85 GTV 6 Gran Turismo - San Antonio, Texas