Top gear and Alfa 166

Ok, ok

I saw the top gear feature on the new 166 as well. And so what? Let's face
it, If any of us would actually "take" and "believe" the advice that most
carmagazines and and car-tv programs send out in the ether, none of us
would be driving a post 1970 Alfa.

My point is: cognitive dissonance -> I believe what I want to believe and I
would rather die than drive a Merc or a Bimmer. And I think that most
digesters adhere more or less to the same way of thinking...

Besides, if they had Tiff doing the testing and not Jeremy clarkson (thank
god, because I am getting sick of his always-the-same "in"tonation) the car
must be sporty. And that is after all what us Alfisti are looking for...
Cuore sportivo.

The car has a choice of big engines, it looks business and is styled in
true italian design... Those are the only things that count!

Comments?

Max
33 1.7 16V
Belgium

PS: the appearance of the 166 has had massive effect on the prices of
secondhand 164's here in Belgium.

End of alfa-digest V7 #171