Re: Alfa same as Fiat Visors.

Subject: Alfa same as Fiat Visors.

>>>Try the visors from a 1983-85 Pininfarina (Fiat) spider. They are a
>>proper
>>>padded visor with a rigid framework, covered with two pieces of vinyl,
>>sewn
>>>together with a welting around the edge. It even dips down at the
>>outboard
>>>edge to clear the top latch, which allows the visor to store more
>>closely to
>>>the windshield frame in the up position. They are a vast improvement
>>over
>>>the cheap, heat seamed vinyl bag o' crumbling foam used on Fiats and
>>Alfas
>>>of the '70's.
>>
>> Bruce -- are these parts available?
>>
>>Bill Bain
Bill...Fiat use 4 types of visors. Early visors use thin (approx 1/8 ")
pins. Middle years use a thicker mounting pins (approx 1/4) These come in
heat sealed vinyl and sewn edge vinyl. Later Fiat Spiders used the thick
pins with sewn edge vinyl and are bent to clear the latches.  The visors in
my Alfa Spiders look like the middle year Fiat visors. I have been getting
the heat sealed visors but if anyone wants the sewn edge type, drop me a
e-mail.
BRUCE'S PARTS BIN  -  Italian Parts at a Discount!
256 Harding Hwy, Newfield, NJ 08344  ph: 609-358-1555
E-Mail : bruces@domain.elided          Beck Arnley Dealer
Internet: http://www.fiatparts.com