Re: Alfas in the U.S.

Hi Roger!

RLF> Just had an unusual call (9:20 P.M. EST) from a fellow in Tennesee with =
RLF> a '97 GTV V6 Turbo for sale! He is currently driving a 155 and has a new =
RLF> 156 on it's way from Italy hence the sale of the GTV. The GTV is =
RLF> metallic silver with black leather Recaros. He tells me that he paid =
RLF> $45,000. US for the 156. If any one is interested I'll put you in touch =
RLF> with him - I have his name and telephone number. My home email is =
RLF> rogerlaf@domain.elided, work email is rlaferriere @domain.elided, =
RLF> home phone is 508-865-9596. If I had the loot I'd have bought the GTV =
RLF> tonight, however poverty sucks. I know that a lot of you think I'm full =
RLF> of shit but I sincerely believe this fellow to be on the level - he has =
RLF> promised to mail me photos.
RLF> Roger

That the 156 is allowed importation, this may be true!  But I thought
that the 155 was banned from the U.S. of A!  I thought that *none*
were ever crash-tested for the EPA.

So, is he *really* driving a 155, and how was he able to get it into
the country?  Or is that a 75/Milano, the last Alfa that was allowed
into the U.S.

This subject was discussed a year or two ago on this same
mailing-list.

Cheers from southern France,

	--Ralph

Dr. Ralph P. Sobek		  Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.
Ralph.Sobek@domain.elided			   Addresses are ordered by importance.
sobek@domain.elided					        If all else fails, try:
newsmaster@domain.elided, postmaster@domain.elided           sobek@domain.elided
Tel:(+33)[0]561558618 FX:(+33)[0]561556258 http://www.irit.fr/SSI/~Ralph.Sobek/
Proud owner of a cannonball metallic gray 1993 Alfa 155 Quadrifoglio 4!  Nice!!