Stebro exhaust in GTV6 results

Well I finally got my Stebro exhaust in my GTV6 this past weekend. Here is
how everything went:

I ordered the rear, the center and the euro front section (I did keep the
original front section to please the smog man every two years). First I had
to take the old one out. Rear off first, no problem. center next...uh
oh...doesn't want to separate front section, no problem I will just take
out both as one piece. Up to the front of the car we go, to separate the
front section from the manifold. Left side off, now the right side, one
nut, now the last one...SNAP.  Oh great broke the stud. Hey Alfa ever heard
of using brass nuts on exhausts! Now I get to take the manifolds out.
Taking out the right side is a joy. Why do I get the feeling that the air
conditioner was thrown in after the design was completed. In any event I
got them both out ( I figured I might as well replace the studs on both
manifolds).  Took my manifolds down to a certain Alfa shop in Mountain View
and they said they needed a day to get the studs and put them in. No
problem beer time!

Next day go down to pick up the manifolds with new studs. How Much? $80!
Hey I don't work at Yahoo, welcome to the Bay Area!

Back to the car. Slapped the manifolds back in and now the shinny snake.
First I decided to assembly the front and the center section together
before I installed them under the car as well as a new O2 sensor. Under the
car we go, I install one of the rear hangers to help hold it up and then
installed the front pipes to the manifold but did not tightened anything
down yet. Next the rear section went in and now with everything loosely
installed I did a visual. Hmmm nice fit. Wait a minute what's this. Damn
the O2 sensor is angled the wrong way and will hit the donut service window
big time.

Called Stebro explained the problem and they said they would drop a new
front section in the mail with the sensor mounted straight up that day.
Stebro customer service A+. Beer time.

Got the new front section, slapped it back in, tightened every thing down.
One last visual...uh oh...remember those speed bleeder brake bleeders you
bought to make life easy well they stick out a little farther then stock
and hit the exhaust. Look through the "misc" box for the old stock
one...can't seem to find it...ah it isn't hitting that hard. Get the keys I
can't wait any longer.  Start it up.

Time to take her out for a spin. Definitely louder. Motor sounds bigger.
The exhaust touching the bleed screw is definitely helping to transfer more
noise then usual back into the car (I am going to fix that this weekend).
Seems to breathe a little easier. More power? Who cares it sounds cool. How
about the fit? Very nice all the bends seem to be in the right place.

Final grades: Fit: A, Customer Service: A+, Quality: A, Noise: B (Needs
Improvment)

I let you know if anything changes after I put the stock bleed screw back
in.

TomQ
PA, CA
'86 GTV6