Milano Engine Rebuild

I have made the decision to embark on an engine rebuild project involving
my Milano 2.5.  The car is driveable but the low compression in two
cylinders makes it less than it could be.  Several tests have indicated
that the low compression is due to more than just valve guides, so a
complete engine out rebuild is called for.  I could probably drive the car
as it is for quite a while, but that's not why I bought an Alfa.  Besides,
the Spider would start making fun of it in the garage.

My first step was to make a detailed list of all the tasks that need to be
accomplished between now and when I start breaking in the new rings.  This
will be the first engine rebuild for me, although I've done a top end on a
Corolla.

The reason for this post is to ask if any of you who have rebuilt a Milano
engine would be willing to offer your advice as I go along.  Just drop me a
quick line if you'd like to help.

Octavian Popa - NWARC
near Seattle, WA