Door hinge fasteners

>BTW I would nominate the Phillips-type bolt fasteners on the '66
>door hinges as "Alfa's Worst Design Feature." They're almost
>impossible to remove (without drilling them out) and they can't
>be tightened well without buggering the slot. The socket-headed
>bolts used on later model GTVs are much better.

Agreed, but this is where I discovered the wonder of the hex-wrench
attachments found on better screwdrivers (Snap-On).  One is able to apply
far more torque while using an open-end wrench attached to the little 'nut'
at the base of the screwdriver handle.  I was unable to loosen my door
fastener bolts on my '67 GTV, but with the wrench applied, instantly
loosened them.

Regards,

Steve S.
NWARC website