Re: bought GTV6 and need advice

<<<<Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 23:10:18 EDT
From: Milanogold@domain.elided
Subject: bought GTV6 and need advice

Greetings Alfisti!
       Dreams have come true for me today,
I found and purchased a 1984 GTV6 today.Silver in color, tan leather
interior,85 k miles and godawful looking gotti gold and silver modular all=
oys
on it.I bought the car SUPER CHEAP,and there was a slight problem w/ the
car.(Of course).
I have NO clutch pedal feel at all, and what looks to be massive amounts o=
brake fluid on the transaxle housing.The clutch master cylinder is dry as =
bone,so I'm suspecting A:bad clutch master/slave cylinder or B:busted hose
somewhere.Brakes are fine,so it must be the clutch.Any one out there got a=
ny
ideas/advice/hankerchiefs to cry into?
     I have been lusting after a GTV6 for a long time now,and now that I'v=
got it I hope it is or will be as reliable as my beloved Alfie (87 Milano =
gold
sedan) has been.There is very little rust on the car, some in the right up=
per
rear side of the engine compartment, and the left fender.The fender is ok =
and
none of it appears to be structural rust.I'd like some advice from GTV6 ow=
ners
as to the peculiarities of the model versus a Milano, etc.What should I lo=
ok
for?
Mr.DiMatteo,I'd love to get some advice from you.Looking forwad to all