Milano wheels & ABS fluid flush

In a message dated 98-10-02 08:41:09 EDT, Doug Sedon writes:

<< the wheels weigh ~19-20lbs, good for 8" wide; and 3 of the 4 needed NO
weights added when balanced - the 1st time i've ever seen this!

  I was always under the impression that balancing was needed not for the
wheels (which should be symmetrical in design and material, ergo weight), but
to counteract the out of balance condition created when a tire is made with
belts that overlap in certain areas of the tire carcass.
  I would be a little concerned if my new wheels needed weights added, or if
my new wheels with tires mounted needed no weights added (indicating that the
wheel is out of balance by an amount sufficient to counteract an out of
balance tire).
  Am I missing something?

  Also, I'm preparing to put all the shiny new parts I got laying around into
the Milano this weekend and maybe after 14 months I'll finally get to drive
it.  Is flushing the brake fluid in the ABS something that can be done without
special tools?  Any special procedures, or can I just open the bleeders,
pressurize the system, and pour new stuff in the reservoir as the old is
getting pumped out the bleeders?
Thanks
Bryan Carter

End of alfa-digest V7 #147