Disc Brake Conversion

I recently did the deed on my 56 Spider race car. I'm sure ATE's give you a
wider range of replacement parts, but the easy way is to find the front end of
an early Guilia 63-64 and swap the assemblies.

This gives you 3 piston Dunlap calipers, which are easily rebuildable and uses
readily available pads. The discs are difficult to replace, but is this an
issue for the average street car?

I'm talking about a 2 hour (bolt-in) job with no offset change, sure beats the
labor and problems associated with an ATE conversion. I saved enough by not
having to buy new Panasports to pay for everything, including the caliper
rebuild.

I've run them at 15 events so far and the results are spectacular. There is no
disc wear noticeable. If I need new discs, I can have them made for a
surprisingly reasonable price. I use Porterfield Carbon Kevlar Pads. I had the
calipers rebuilt by White Post.

So, keep your eyes out for an early Guilia, call APE and tell them you're
looking for one

Don Queen SF