'74 GTV starting problem/solved !

Alfisti,
Several days ago I asked for help concering why my Weber carbureted GTV would
not start after sitting hot for 20 minutes, then 15 or 20 minutes later would
start right up.
Several folks wrote advising me not to pump gas into a warm engine and a few
folks thought it was possibly vapor lock.
  Well, turns out it was the mangetic sensor wire from the distributor back to
the coil of the MarilliPlex igntion system.  The 2 small wires in the
distributor were absolutely frayed.  The ohmmeter read open, but the wires
were so frayed and intertangled, that i am surprised that it did not read
shorted.  At any rate, I was lucky because all the intermittent stuff finally
stopped and the car just would not start at all.  There was obviously no
spark.
   It sure is easier to trouble shoot when it just stops working !
thanks all.
Joel Lewis
Houston
'74 GTV