RE: Solex conversions

I double checked the carb model number, and it says C45 ADDHE.
These are not the older style Solex side draft. Mikuni builts Solex
side draft carbs under license, but they're an older model.

I tried searching the Web, and got several hits for 'Solex +ADDHE',
most were from Finland and Sweden, strangely enough. I didn't see
anything for this carb in Demon Tweeks on-line catalog.

The one thing the mechanic said about these carbs is that the Solexes have
5 progression holes (used at small throttle settings) compared to 3
progression holes in a Weber. I also heard that Weber bought out Solex
and discontinued them, probably the day after I bought mine.

Jeff Bennett
Friendswood, Texas