164 s purchase

> From: "Richard Kingsley" <richardk@domain.elided>
> Subject: 1994 Alfa 164 cloverleaf
>
> After going through all my other choices (that took a good 60 seconds) to
> get a replacement for my 1987 164L 3.0 , I have just test driven a 164
> cloverleaf 1994. Although the car drove well enough, the clutch pedal was
> so
> heavy that i had to limp back to my car which is automatic.

This is an indicator that the clutch is about shot...I just changed mine
and it is very light.

> Anybody know if a clutch that requires you to break your foot is normal on
> cloverleaf models.
>
> The car was up for uk pounds 10,995 with 61k miles and a full rebuild by
> main alfa dealer just finished (today!)

Key questrion here is why was it rebuilt so early on?

> Is this worth the money.

That is your call... have it checked out by an independent
source...beware of undermaintained examples, and keep an eye ont that
timing belt.!!

- --

Bill Harkell
Tampa Florida