Duetto Heater Box

This weekend I'll be replacing the heater valve on my 69 Duetto and
while I'm hanging upside down like a bat, I need to do something about
a noisy blower motor. First of all is it hard to get at the heater
valve, other than the problem of hanging upside down under the dash?
Can I fix the blower motor? It squeals like a pig only when the
weather is cold but naturally works fine when the weather is warm. If
I do have to replace it can I use a blower motor from a newer spider?

Thanks,
Mitch Wolberg
rkane@domain.elided
69 Duetto Junior