Overheating results

I wanted to say thanks to Bernie, Bill, Brad, and Darren for
convincing me to put my thermostat back in. It seems that after I've
bypassed the radiator fan to be on high at all times,replaced the
temp. sensor, radiator, checked for foaming on the oil cap, and
checked the temp. w/another 164L console, that the answer to my
overheating problems was the lack of a thermostat. Without the
thermostat it seemed that the antifreeze was moving too fast to cool.
A new one has been put in, and my temperature tends to be around 191
on the highway and 214 in traffic after driving 275 miles in 90 degree
evening weather. I have yet to be in bumper to bumper, but from
everyone's response, it shouldn't get higher than 231.5. That seems to
be the trend with a fellow 164L'r here in 105 degree Texas weather.
Thanks again!

Danny
91 164L manuel
108,000 miles