69 Spider questions: Trunnion bushings,steering box,tranny leaks

My wife and I drove our 69 Spider to a small country resturant for
Sunday dinner a couple of weeks back.  After an enjoyable meal, we
planned to touring the area but the Alfa would not start.  On first
attempt a definite click was all
she would would give.  After that not a sound.  A local fellow drove to
his house for jumper cables, but nothing.  Battery was up, not the
problem.  AAA sent a car hauler and we returned home about an hour
later.

While under the Spider to remove the lower bolt retaining the starter
moter (the solenoid had failed, decided to have starter reviewed also),
I took the opportunity to check over things in general underneth.
Discovered the plastic washer (from parts manual, number 1365.48420) at
the dirvier's side trunnion appeared 'melted', kind of looks like a melt

forzen in time - dripping, but solid.  I have noticed the last little
while that when cornering sharply a little "thud" sound from the rear
(kind of like something shifting in the truck) can be heard.  There is
nothing in the trunk.  Could the body be shifting relative to the
trunnion and be the source to the sound?

I have located a source for replacement trunnion bushings (IAP), but
have not located these plastic washers.  Any ideas?

>From the Guilia Rear Axle and Suspension Shop Manual (Paes 32 & 33) it
appears to require some special tools to remove the bushings.  Is this a

procedure that demands these special tools or can most good automotive
shops handle the procedure?

Second problem found.  Seems the steering gear box is in need of some
seals, leaking rather significantly.  From the parts manual looks like I

may need the sealing ring, 105.00.23.002.07/36.  Fair amount of fluid
dripping down onto the tie rod end of the center link.  Can't find a
source for this seal.  I believe this is a Burman steering box.  Any
ideas?

Third... appears I am losing transmission fluid atop the gear lever
tower.  As viewed from beneath, there is quite a bit of dampening in the

cavity created for the tower.   From the parts manuals I would guess I
need Alfa parts 105.08.13.624.00 and 105.08.13.627.00.  Ideas on a
source for these?

I bought the Spider in December and my wife and I have thoroughly
enjoyed the summer week ends and evenings driving this little demon all
over central Ohio.  I hope to identify all of its needs this fall and
winter and have another great year of Alfa enjoyment.

TIA,
Paul Weimer
69 Spider
70 Eldorado