164 Vibes

Catching up on the digests, Alan Lambert wrote:

<Well, guys ( and gal or two) I've joined the parade. My '91 164L's
steering vibrates. The wheels have been balanced, rotated and rebalanced,
but the vibration remains. Could worn CV joints have any effect?--Mine
has 108K miles on it--what kind of mileage do the other "vibratees" cars
have on them?>

My LS has done 64,000. Done the balance (on and off car ), done the rotation
- - minor improvement, awaiting replacement of the shock absorber on the
guilty wheel. I don't subscribe to the flatspot theory. Mines better with
cold tyres after standing all night!

Cheers

        Graham

94 164 24V Super (LS)
Always Looking For Another (way to improve it)

Cheshire, UK.