Spider shocks (Konis) & wheels

Any experiences with Koni yellows on the Spider?  I have an 84, and one of
the big problems I have is that it's too rough on NYC pavement (potholes
and such).  I'd like to soften it up just a little bit around the city, but
be able to keep it reasonably tight.  I think it's stock all around, and it
seems uncomfortably tight.

What kind of rubber is everyone else having on their cars?  Stock alloys,
is it worth it to up the size to 15 or 16?  I'm keen on the Yokos since
I've had them before, so I was thinking AVSi or A509.

Also, any other alfisti in the NYC area?

Thnx,
Eugene