Heartbreak

Re Sebastian's GTV6 with the rusty jack point areas, Paul wrote.....

The other option..... is to just keep driving the car as it is. .......but I
don't know what you'd do if you ever got a flat up front since it
sounds as though your jackpoints are useless.

On this, I'd suggest : just carry a good solid scissors jack instead
of the Alfa jack.   I do this with all my Alfas, even those which
don't look too rusty around the sills and jack points.  Even
good-looking metal and paint can hide a multitude of sins (and in
the case of my cars, usually does, I'm afraid).  The scissors jack
can always be used under some suspension strong-point and you
can be sure it won't let you down, so to speak (unless the car was
about to collapse on its suspension of its own accord anyway). I
also feel that jacking up a heavy car under a suspension point
seems more natural, and less likely to stress and distort bodywork,
than using a sill-point to carry the weight of the car..... but this
could well be just total imagination on my part.

Regards,
Graham H,
N.Z.
GTV, Alfetta, Alfasud (all with scissors jack in the boot!).