Re: spider floor mats

If you aren't looking for elegance or logos, the heavy rubber mats from Weathertech (sold by lots of people)  are simply wonderful.
They're so heavy that they lay flat and don't ride up, and they hold huge amounts of liquid.  I once spilled a large milk shake (I
confess to be a drinker-while-driver type who pines for a decent cupholder - so shoot me) on mine;
the mat held all the liquid securely, I just left it there and ran my errands
until I got home, dragged the mat out (all the liquid stayed put), and hosed it down.

- - David R.