Ground checker

     Matthew Dooher wrote:
     >Be very careful when using a light bulb to test for voltages etc. In
     >fact I would say never do it!!!
     >If you connect the to the output of an electronic circuit that is
     >only designed for say 100mA (almost all Alfa control units have some
     >of these) and the poor thing tries to supply say a 10 watt lamp
     >(800mA) you will need to buy a new control unit!!
     >It really is worth spending a few dollars and buying yourself a cheap
     >digital multimeter.
     >Matthew Dooher

     I agree! However, I suggested using a known 12 V source, (such as the
     battery) not the output of a control unit. (Which would not be 12 V, I
     suspect.) When checking GROUNDS (earth to those outside the USA), the
     output state of the light can be very telling. But do use a source
     that comes off the battery, not thru an electronics control unit!
     Also, use a low power bulb, such as an instrument light.
     Len