164 vibration and wheels wanted.

> Alan Lambert <gerard@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: 164 vibrations
>
> Well, guys ( and gal or two) I've joined the parade. My '91 164L's
> steering vibrates. The wheels have been balanced, rotated and rebalanced,
> but the vibration remains. Could worn CV joints have any effect?--Mine
> has 108K miles on it--what kind of mileage do the other "vibratees" cars
> have on them?

I have 76K on my 168, Check the inner wheel rims for pothole bends. I
found mine there. Tire guys never said a word, and the problem has been
there.

Also check the a-arm bushings condition and ball joints, wheel bearings
etc. for play, rack for tightness,

I put mine up on jackstands and ran it up to 60 mph. No vibration or
shimmy, so the wheels appear to be the source. Maybe that will help your
search...

- --

Bill Harkell
Tampa Florida