The search is on

Thanks to everyone who responded to my inquiry on 164s both on and off
digest. I was amazed by the number of great responses.

Doug Seadon pointed out that the 164 is a step down in terms of fun
compared to the Milano and I am aware of that. I first drove a 164 about a
year ago. I was impressed with the power (the torque of the 3.0!) and a bit
dissapointed that it didn't have the lively tossable feel of my trusty
Milano Platinum. But I have my 66 GT Veloce to wring out when I want
something tossable so I won't exactly be going without.

The truth is, I have two teenage kids and whenever the family wants to go
somewhere together we always take my wife's minivan because the kids really
don't have enough room in the Milano. With the 164's roomy back seat that
won't be a problem. So, in a sense, the 164 will be a move up in terms of
fun.

Of corse now that I have made the decision to buy, the local supply has
dried up!

Plus... the 164 is the purest, truest, most beautiful of the series. The
best of the Maestro Pinninfar..... Oops, sorry, beem there and done that
already ;-)

Eric Sands
87 Milano Platino (any offers?)
66 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
78 Spider Veloce
http://members.home.net/esands/

PS: Since swithching to my new cable modem supplier, I haven't been able to
communicate with the digest from home. The folks at the ISP (@home) are
trying to solve the problem for me but they haven't figured it out yet. So
I am juggling 2 e-mail accounts at home and one at work until this is
sorted out. If you would like to e-mail me, use the esands@domain.elided address
as the handiest for me to respond from.