Looking for a 164

Hello all,
I need to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience available on
the digest.

I have decided to retire my trusty Milano and move up to a 164. I've been
following the threads concerning overheating, tire vibration, and
stepper-motors on the 164 with interest and I'm looking for a little
advice. What I am interested in is a 164S. I know that the stepper
motors in the HVAC system are a problem, and I am looking to purchase a
car that has had this taken care of (or is priced accordingly). What
other things should I keep an eye on when checking out a possible
purchase? Are overheating and tire vibration widespread problems? Are
the hydraulic belt tensioners a problem on 164's like they were on
earlier V6 engined cars? What are the real problem areas?

The 164 that I want would be a red S with black leather interior and a
sunroof. I would like to pay under $8,000 but could come up with more
for a really outstanding example. I am not locked into red but I really
like what the car looks like in that color. Does anyone know what other
colors were available on the 164S's. I have seen red cars with tan
interiors and I'm only assuming that they are available in black, anyone
know what the options are as far as interior colors go?

My Milano has a set of 15" Momo Arrow wheels that I may be interested in
putting on the new car. Do the cars share bolt pattern and offset? So
many questions!

Also please note that I have moved my web page (this includes the pages
concerning the Southern California Time Trials and Schools) to this
address:
	http://members.home.net/esands/
Please make a note of it if you are interested in the SoCal club events.

Eric Sands (now with a cable modem, yeeeee haawwww)
'66 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (Uva Bella)
'87 Milano Platinum
'78 Spider Veloce