Milano Thermostat Hoses

This weekend I finally got around to changing my verde's oil (it was edging
up on 4k mi) and did a few other checks while I was at it.  My reward?
Yesterday I was greeted to the smell of ethylene glycol (antifreeze) as I
pulled into my driveway.  "Waterpump!" I thought, "ARRRRGHHHHH."  But, after
a few minutes of diagnosis, it appears that the hoses from my thermostat
housing to the heads are leaking..... now, for a few questions:

1.  Is there anything special about these hoses?  They look like standard,
straight hose, but parts catalogs (International) have special parts numbers
for them.  What's more, the right hose is different than the left, at least
on 3.0l engines.  I didn't check them out in detail, but they both looked the
same.  Any insights?

2.  It looks like changing them will require the top of the thermostat
housing to be removed.... correct? Or, can I just slip them in and out
without removing the housing?

Thanks for your advice and moral support :)

Bob (everything I've touched lately breaks) Brady, DVAROC
Yardley, PA