75 TS new head gasket

Thanks to all who mailed me the required information, I fitted the new
head gasket over the weekend. No big problems, though I did have to make
a puller to get the head loose.
Small problems FYI and possible amusement:-
Head is very awkward to lift out on your own, you stand just behind the
radiator for the best position, with your left leg on the scuttle.
When head goes back in, there is a small wire which should fit onto a
little cube shaped aluminium part on the back of the head. Watch it
doesn't get between the head and block.
When you get the head off make your own guess as to how much you can
scrape the dirt off the top of the liners without unseating them, I was
worried doing this bit.
Retiming the inlet cam is a pig of a job until you discover the
adjustment nut. The big nut on the end allows the chain wheel to rotate
independant of the camshaft.
Now I need to run her in and retorque the head, then see how the
performance has changed. Maybe do the bottom end first though, to get
some oil pressure back.
- --
Jonathan Coates
33 wagon daily driver