75 twinspark decapitation tips

Now that I've started to put some mileage on the 75 I have found a new
problem. There now appears to be brown goo in the radiator filling
bottle and the same bottle hisses while the engine is running. It
started doing this a day after it started to take forever to warm up.
I have concluded that the thermostat has broken which let the engine run
too cool. This is bad with a big B on linered cars as it makes the head
gasket leak.

So now I've bought a decoke gasket set, new thermostat and some
antifreeze and tomorrow I'm going to take it all to bits. Thats the easy
part because I have no manual to tell me where all the gasket bits go or
what torque settings to torque the head to. I've got the Alfetta manual
which I'm hoping covers most of it as I'm guessing the gaskets will be
very similar. As to torque figures I will go with the Alfetta figures if
the bolts are the same pattern etc. unless I can get the real figures.

Highwood motors told me at my last enquiry that they didn't have the
CDRom for the twinspark, yet, but they will get it soon. No good for
tomorrow, really.

If you can point me to a web page or simply tell me the torque
requirements I will greatly appreciate it.
If you have any details about valve clearances I could use that
information too as I might as well check them while the lids are off.

TIA X 100
- --
Jonathan Coates
164LV6 (6 bottle wine rack kit)
752.0TS New daily driver
Alfetta 2.0 GTV
33 wagon New T car
Astra estate to fetch "new" V6 engine in