Hit & Run in San Francisco

Okay, the story has been told upteen times before on the digest, however I
need somewhere to vent my frustrations.....  Monday morning I got a call from
home telling me that there was some bad news, someone had hit my 69 GTV and
left without leaving any information, despite two neighbors yelling at him to
stop (both of whom thankfully called 911 and took down his license plate
number).

When I got home, my little GTV looked so abused, the rear passenger quarter
panel was torn open with an 8" gash near the wheel arch.  After talking with
my neighbors it turns out that this clown had decided to go the wrong way on a
one way street (up hill), was met by cars coming down the hill and tried to
turn around.  In the process of turning around, he got "stuck" and repeatedly
backed into my car, he then got out of his truck, looked at the damage,
ignored my neighbors who were writing down his license plate number, then got
in the truck, reversed down the hill and left.

I spoke with my insurance agent who took the information and said a claims
adjuster will contact me soon.  Since I had already left work, I figured I
would drive around to several body shops - the estimates were all in the
$1750-2200 range.

My questions are as follows:  any recomendations on good "Alfa" body shops in
San Francisco?, are rear quarter panels (pax) available?,  and should I try to
dig deep into my pockets to find the funding to paint the whole car at the
same time?  Finally, does any one know of any garage space available for rent
in San Francisco??

I am putting my trust in my insurance company, San Francisco's finest, and the
DMV to make the guy who hit me's life miserable.  As long as I get my car back
in one piece!

Violated in SF,

John
89 Milano Gold