Re: GTV Headliner

I just had my headliner done with the Re-Originals kit ($225), which is the
$100 parts already sewn together.   I then spent an additional $550 on getting
it installed.  (Had some other work done, so headliner was probably only $400
of install).

You have to use the metal frame that has the rear seat cutout, so the
headliner kit comes with the smooth vinyl which is marked with the frame,
cutout and then installed on the fram.  It is a good idea to put in new foam,
so there is a lot that has to be done.

The front windshield and rear window have to come out, as well as the rear
quarter windows and the A pillar door gasket and trim have to come off.  None
of the labor described above included any window removal as I had already done
that.

Matt, from Re-Originals says it takes their local person who does the
headliners a full day to do, so I guess my installer, who had the car two days
did a pretty good job.

John Justus
1971 1750 GTV (getting the engine back in this weekend with a little help from
my friends)
1995 164Q