Don't panic - 164 Bonnet Hinges

Hi John,

I'm glad to hear that the bride made it to the church in style, I would expect that she would
have been horrified by the sight of a Micra waiting outside.

A similar thing recently happened to a friend of mine. However, I don't think that we can
consider this typical of the 164 just yet because he had only recently got his car back
from the bodyshop after parking it in the rear of a Mondeo on the M42.

The good news is that it is a simple job and the hinge only cost GBP9 from the local dealer.
The hinge will require painting in the appropriate colour. Other than that, it is a case of just
undoing the bolts (4mm Allen key, according to my friend's questionable memory),
removing the offending part and bolting up the new one.

Good Luck,

Tony Quinn
Worcs., UK