Doh!@

>Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 13:48:05 -0400
>From: "Sokoloff, Jim" <Jim-Sokoloff@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: Multiple-calipers on touring cars
>
>Nathan Wong <alfacors@domain.elided> wrote:
>
>> Touring cars discs are around 15" diameter, and the actual swept area
>isn't
>> that deep either (the outside of the disc rotates at a slowr speed than
>the
>> inside).
>
>How's that again? The outside of the disc has to rotate at a higher (linear)
>speed than the inside. Of course they have the same angular speed when all
>is working right... :-)

Yeah, I mixed them up....well, I had a 50% chance of being right :-)
Time to go fire up the record player and remind myself of how it all works
again!

>Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 11:12:45 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Will Owen <nashwill@domain.elided>
>Subject: Brake discs

>Not unless the outer portion is part of a planetary geartrain, it
>doesn't! At least not in this universe...

See above :-)
- --
Nathan Wong	       http://www.nectar.com.au/~alfacors
	           - Alfa Romeo - Club Cars - Super Touring -
AlfaCors@domain.elided	 - Formula One - V8Supercars -