Cat. Convert. Longevity

	My '86 Spider has 125K miles on the odometer and I'm wondering how
long the cat. converter will last.  The heat shield rattles all the time
and the tranny support arm has rusted off (I welded it back on but it broke
shortly aftwards).  And my smog report numbers are getting closer and
closer to the limit.

	I see that Alfa Ricambi sells a free flow cat. for around $300
whereas IAP wants $500 for a stock unit.  Has anyone tried AR's cat.?

"Is dis a system???"  Mr. Natural

Bruce Giller
Takoma 'Radiation-Free-Zone and Finally ReUnited' Park, Md
'73 Alfa GTV 2000
'86 Alfa Spider
'72 Moto Guzzi Eldorado