From: Loren SIMON [mailto:Loren_Simon@domain.elided]
Sent: Sunday, August 09, 1998 7:46 AM
To: 'johnb@domain.elided'
Subject: Alfa Romeo ?

John,

I saw your name on the Alfa Club website and was wondering if you might
be able to give me some advice.  I've been shopping a bit for an older
convertible and have run into a 76 Alfa Spider in pretty good shape
(body looks solid (possibly repainted), new top, seems to run well).  I
was wondering if you might give me some hints as to what other things I
should look at when thinking about purchasing one of these cars?

Also, I've heard that these cars have a tendancy to break down a
lot...it that true?  Additionally, do  you see the prices of these cars
actually appreciating in the future or is it likely that this price will
always remain about the same?

Regards, and thanks in advance for the assistance...I wouldn't want to
end up buying a 'white elephant'

Loren Simon