Spider Cooling Fan

Sixto,

I don't know exactly what your new fan looks like, but I'll share some
relevant information from personal experience and advise of fellow
digesters:

1.) Some spider owners actually remove a few of the blades from their
stock fans, in an effort to gain a slight performance increase.  I am
not especially inclined to do this to my car, but it leads me to suspect
that a slightly smaller fan might be a GOOD thing.

2.) My belief is that these cars generally have a very effective cooling
system, and do NOT tend to run hot.  I live in southern California and
commute an hour each way to work, in very hot temperature, sometimes in
heavy, slow traffic, and sometimes at a steady 75-80 mph.  My car NEVER
runs appreciably hot, and it has no fan shroud.  This brings me to my
next point...

3.) DEFINATELY replace your cooling fan.  The reason I have no cooling
shroud is that it was torn up when my fan exploded at high rpm, also
putting a huge hole in my radiator and a significant dent in my hood.

So, in summary:  yor slightly smaller cooling fan, if it fits, is
something many digesters would consider godsend, and if your cooling fan
is in good shape, it shouldn't have any adverse effect on your car.  But
no matter what, replace the old fan with a new one.

Happy motoring.

Hal Taylor
'86 spider veloce 'Strega'