Re: alfa-digest V7 #52

alfa@domain.elided,Internet writes:
>> Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 08:19:44 EDT
>> From: <Skybeaver6@domain.elided>
>> Subject: GTV6 still sick / hiccuping...(hic.....)
>>
>> As y'all may recall, my 83 GTV6 has periodically been 'hiccuping'  while
>> driving....
>>

>> I implemented all of the advice from all of you....added some water remover
>> the fuel....changed the fuel filter.....still got the problem.....

I have the same problem on my 82 GTV 6.   Mine may occur once awhile or once a
day.  I called Stewart.  I ruled out the ignition switch because I had that
problem before and this is different.  Stewart thought it could be the coil,
module (on the 82 it is a silver box next to the coil) or the AFM.  I unplugged
the connection to the module and cleaned it out and did find the wire to my
coil out a bit.  It has been a week and so far so good but it is intermittent.
 I did not try to disassemble my AFM.  It seems to work smoothly when I move it
by hand.  There is an article in this months Alfa Digest on how to do it.  The
problem with tracking this down is that it is hard to test when it comes and
goes.

th