ECU's

My son has been looking at A-4 Audi's and the chip information may be
useful for ALFA's.  The A-4 horsepower of the 1.8 turbo engine increases
from 140 to 190 with an aftermarket chip and a special air filter--runs
about $500 I think.  The normally aspirated 2.8 liter engine increases much
less in horsepower--perhaps 190 to 202.  There was much discussion whether
upgrading the chip causes warantee problems--apparently it depends on the
dealer.

If you need more info look at Sean's A-4 page and cruise through the links
to the stuff on chips.  Probably the same manufacturers who make chips for
A-4's make them for ALFA's.  www.ns.net~seang/indes.html
Rocky, in Santa Barbara