faulty spider elect. window

Hi all,

I guess I need to trace down a fault with the power windows in my '84
spider this weekend.  The problem is concerned primarily with the
driver's window.  Sometimes the window travels very slowly, sometimes it
travels at a normal speed and sometimes it won't budge.  The problem is
not with the rocker switch.  Additionally, when the window refuses to
rise or sink, I can feel a click with my leg through the door panel when
I operate the switch.  My initial thought is that I just need to clean
the connections at the motor but I thought someone else may have
experienced a similar problem and could share their advice.

Thanks,

Rodney G. Tidwell
McComb, MS