Seatbelts

Listen to Will Owen: avoid used seatbelts like the plague, and never ever
reuse a belt that's been in a half-pie-serious crash. I think that if you
look at the instructions that come with belts, they're supposed to be
junked after a crash.

Re harness vs lap-and-diagonal vs inertia reel. Even the humble 3-point
harness wins hands down over the others. I personally would not trust an
inertia reel for competition driving. Let me tell you about a good friend
and someone well-known to Kiwi Alfisti - Dave Squires - who owned what was
and probably still is, the best Alfa 75 TS in this country. Dave got
"overenthusiastic" on the track at Manfeild and lost it in a big way coming
into the front straight. The 75 got snapped around, totally airborne and
launched into the inside grass area. He had no chance of controlling
anything because he also was launched sideways  and found himself perched
sideways across the passenger seat, still wearing his seatbelt! So much for
an almost-new inertia reel belt...

Non-Alfa content: would like to hear from California residents who
experienced the M5.5 earthquake 1410 UTC. At 9 km depth it must have
rattled a few windows.

Ciao tutti.
Les
   Enjoying driving the GTV again, awesome oversteer on hard tyres in the wet!