misc. '84 spider questions

I did some repairs to the dash of my 1984 2.0 injection spider, imported
from USA, (still the 'traditional' dash with 2 separate cups for the
tachometer and speedometer) and I ended up with the following questions:

1. I replaced the dimmer for the dashboard lights which was incomplete. The
dimmer is only working on the illumination of the heater controls,
cigarette lighter, ventilator switch and hazard switch. The instruments
(tacho, speedo, oil pressure, coolant temp, fuel level) are not affected by
the dimmer. Is this the original situation or not? I checked the wiring but
everything looked genuine.

2. The big green ventilator switch has space for two lampholders (one on
each end of the switch), but actually 1 is mounted on mine. Is this
original?

3. I tried to adjust the tachometer (Jaeger electronic) which was reading
too low by adjusting the screw at the back side inside the tachometer, but
I ended up with a tachometer which is reading 2000 rpm even when
disconnected. It is still working, but obviously it is now indicating 2000
rpm too much. Turning the adjustment screw does not effect the 'zero'
indication. Anybody has any idea what could have happened?

Peter Luxwolda
Amsterdam

1984 Spider
1992 164 TS