Re: 164 Struts

"James E. Copeland III" <tripcopeland@domain.elided> writes...

>Does anyone have an opinion on the best replacement struts for the 164L?
>would not mind a little firmer ride than stock.  Price is an issue, as
always.

There aren't many choices - you can go with the stock Boge struts, Sachs,
or Koni Sport.  I have the Konis on mine with Ricambi springs (front only
for the moment).  I'm very happy with the way the handling is transformed
with the Konis.  However, be aware that the fronts are just an insert,
and you will need to destroy the old struts to re-use the housing.  Also
be sure to get the correct part# - use the one for cars built after 12/90
regardless of when your car was actually built.

Brad Anesi
'91 Project 164Q 5-speed

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]