RIP Ken Kimbell

Received this from the 8/6 wheel to wheel digest:

I just got a call that Ken Kimbell, former RE of
Wichita Region and longtime road racer, died earlier today from a heart attack.

I know Ken served at least two terms -- 1995 and 1996 -- as RE of Wichita
Region and he may have held other offices as well. He was best known as an
E Production racer in his Alfa  Spyder, winning the Midwest Division Champion-
ship (National points) for 11 straight years, 1984-94. He also raced a Ford
Fiesta for a few years in ITC, winning MiDiv's Mid-Am Championship in 1993 and
1994, and was the Mid-Am Driver of the Year in 1993.

Ken was also known as a driver who cared for the race workers, to the extent
of having a flyer slipped into entry forms for Wichita Region's Lake Afton
Grand Prix asking drivers to donate a couple of bucks beyond the entry fee
which were used to provide worker lunches and the like. From what I understand,
the plea usually was well received (having eaten a few of those lunches myself
as a timer).