Re:Giulia Spider Veloce

Can anyone advise me about the auxiliary Bendix fuel pump?  Is it meant
to operate full time along with the mechanical pump or is it just to
fill the carbs and then be shut off?

My old exhaust, which I don't believe was original went over the axle.
In fabricating a new one should it go under the axle (looks awful tight
there)?
Thanks,
Howard Zellman

Howard,
          Some of the Giulia Spider Veloces came with a Bendix electric
pump,some had the mechanical pump only,and fewer still-like yours,came with
both.You really only need one or the other,and I recommend keeping the Bendix
and eliminating the mechanical one.The Bendix is very reliable,and does prime
the float bowls nicely after the car has been sitting awhile.It is still
manufactured by  Facet,and is used on modern diesel sailboat engines.
           Your exhaust should route UNDER the rear axle.It dips slightly and
then rises to the resonator.

Michael Long
Fast Cars of California
http//www.fastcars.net